WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Saturday, October 21, 2017

What Makes You Grow?

"Bloom where you are planted",

"Read your Bible, pray everyday
and you'll grow, grow, grow..."

You have probably heard these phrases before, but have you ever thought about how differant plants need differant climates to grow?

African Flame Lily
Take the African Flame Lily, for instance.
I have only ever seen this beautiful flower bloom in the midst of a dry African plain in the wild bush of Zambia.  Such exquisite beauty!

Over seven years ago, when I first started deputation as a missionary to Africa, an experienced pastor shared with me some words of wisdom.

He said, "A number of years ago, my wife and I were young missionaries at a conference with other missionaries.
One of the older veteran missionaries asked me, 'So why are you going to __________?' Before I had a chance to respond, he answered, 'I know that you are going to say that the people of ___________ need to hear about Jesus.'  Again, before I had a chance to respond, he said, 'But isn't it every Christian's duty to tell others about our Saviour?'
He was right, in Matthew 28, Jesus commands all believers to 'GO'!
The seasoned missionary went on to ask another question. 'Did you ever think that God moves His people to differant places to help them to grow?'"
That thought has stayed with me all of these years.  After serving over 5 years now in Africa, I can certainly say that I have grown tremendously because of the things that I have gone through and experienced.  I have only grown in certain spiritual areas of my life, because the Lord has 'planted' me in Africa.
I still live a 'normal' life like you do here- going to church, teaching at school and Sunday School, helping my neighbors and community, telling people about Jesus...all things that a child of God should do, only, I do it in another country.


Have you ever thought that God might be prodding you to be a foreign missionary because He knows you can grow more closely to Him by the things He can only teach you there?

How are you growing?

Where are you growing?

Does God want you to move yourself into His will in order for you to grow?

No comments: