WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Monday, March 19, 2012

Travel Journal: March 15 & 16, 2012 - Sterling Heights, Michigan

On these days I will be atending a Missions Conference 
at Covenant Baptist Church in Sterling Heights, Michigan.  

THURSDAY:  Tonight, I had dinner with the pastor, my hostess, an other missionaries to the conference.
After Dinner, we went to the church for coffee, cookies, & fellowship with the church people.  
After fellowship, service started.  I gave my mission presentation with a great interest from the people.
The church ladies made each of the missionaries a sewing kit and gave us a bag full of goodies.  What a blessing!  They very carefully chose what to put in the bag.  It contained gift cards for gas, food, and supplies.  Other necessities were included like: bottled water, hand sanitizer, tissues, stationary, gum, mints, and- DUCT TAPE!  I know, if you are a true Red Neck, you are cheering!  Duct tape comes in handy for EVERYTHING!  How thoughtful!!!
Janice was a great host!
After service and my whole stay, I had some great times with the widow lady I was staying with.  She truly made me feel at home.  I was again reminded about how God cares for His people.  When I thanked her, she said to me, "I am just obeying God".  She was right.  God tells us in the Bible that it is our responsibility to care for God's people.  I was certainly well cared for.


FRIDAY: This morning, I worked more on some of my VISA paperwork, correspondence & of course walked around the neighborhood.  After lunch, the pastor's wife, Donna, invited me over to stamp.  If you know me, you know how much I love rubber stamping.  If you didn't know that, you can check out some of my stuff on my craft blog- http://willingworkinghands.blogspot.com/
Donna & I in her stamp room
As we stamped, she shared how the Lord has used this hobby to help her through the failing health and finally the death of her father.  She also uses stamping as a way to get to know her church ladies better.  They come over and help make cards for the missionaries (which is what we did while I was there).  I know that I am hoping to use stamping in my ministry among the young ladies in South Africa.  We had a wonderful time!




Service on Friday night was very good!  The messages I have been able to hear were very challenging and encouraging.  Tonight, I said goodbye & thank you to everyone.  
Tomorrow, I move on!