WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Monday, October 10, 2011

Christ's Example of Time

Ec 3:1-8,11,17 "To every thing there is a season,
and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate;
a time of war, and a time of peace.
He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end. I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work."


Some people wonder - "What does a missionary on deputation do when they are not at a church meeting?" Of course everyone knows that some of our time is taken in Bible study, prayer, planning and preparing for those meetings.
A sufficant amount of time is also spent on the road. The last 4 weeks I have been averaging about 13 hrs. of driving per week(since I have been traveling to closer destinations lately, like- Baltimore, MD; Exmore, VA; Wysox, PA,...).
Lately, you have seen the posts of me spending time with people. This is exactly what a missionary does. When I get to South Africa, I will be making time for Bible study, prayer, planning and preparing for ministry, as well as, making time to spend with the people around me.
Jesus Christ left us a great example of this. He spent lots of time with His disciples. They went fishing, walked by the sea, had a picnic, but mostly they talked about God. Thier discussion - God's promises, His plan for our lives, pleasing Him, bringing others to Him,... These discussions are the same that I get to have everyday as I spend time with those around me.
Ask yourself- Who are my disciples? Do I talk to my family, friends, and acquaintances about the things of God? What am I doing to further His kingdom? The people around us need to know that we truly care about them because of Christ. Take time to spend with people around you. They will see God's love for them through your genuine love for them, because of Christ in you.
Lately, I have noticed the lack of joy in others around me, both in unbelievers and the saved. We all go through times in our lives that are hard. You don't know how the Lord could use your kind words, pat on the back, cone of icecream, or walk in the park to minister to someone who just needs to be ministered to.
May we, as Christians, not get so wrapped up in the busyness of this world that we do not take the time to follow Christ's example in this area.

No comments: