WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Saturday, September 11, 2010

New Vehicle

For those of you who were praying, I just wanted to update you about my vehicle situation. At the beginning of August I wet to a church near Washington D.C.. On the way down my car broke down and I had to call AAA. The had me buy a new battery for my car because that is what they said was wrong with it. After service on Sunday I started home and it shut off in the middle of the 95 Capitol Beltway. Praise the Lord it drifted all the way over to the right hand curb and I was able to pull off the road (95 is crazy to drive on).
That afternoon my little brother and I road in a tow truck for the 2 hour ride home. I got to witness to him, since he had no better place to be at that time. :0)
After arriving home my dad fixed the battery cables and I drove it short distances, as well as over an hour away. During the hour long trip my vehicle did not have much power (everyone on the highways was passing me). We knew it was time to get rid of that car and get something reliable.
I needed to make a decision soon because of traveling the whole month of September & October. After 2 weeks of searching the Lord led us to a vehicle that was a great price.
Today I am driving a 2010 GMC Sierra truck. I feel safer in a vehicle I can see out of (since I have driven SUV's and trucks all my life. A pickup also has one of the highest resale values and the 2010s are good on gas mileage. For 5 years my engine and major mechanical work is under warranty, 3 year free tire repair & replacement,... The truck has OnStar so if I: lock my keys in the car, loose my phone, get lost, need help, or am in an accident I will always be able to get the help I need. Praise the Lord - my parents and friends can send me off to my deputation meetings feeling that i am a little more safe & taken care of ( especially since I travel by myself everywhere.
We also got a cap for the truck so I can now take my harp with me to meetings & can store all my deputation supplies while I am onthe road for weeks & months at a time. Thank you for praying for my needs in this way. The Lord is good and continues to go before me.

No comments: