As our special weeks for Bible Clubs were approaching,
I wanted to do something different to make our classroom feel special
(especially because it is the same room
we always use for our large childrens' classes).
I had grand plans of making all kinds of decorations,
but knew that it would be too time consuming with teaching everyday.
Plus, where would I get all of the supplies to make nice things
and where would I store the stuff after?
I decided to "keep it simple
So, on the way home from school one day I popped into the local thrift shop (which I love to go to,
but because of school I think I only go twice a year.
Which is probably a good thing.)
I found 2 white sheets almost the same size
and almost the same shade of white.
Now, to make what is in my head go onto the sheets.
I cut the one down to the same as the other one.
Then had the idea to paint the scene on,
but because there is no place in Kabwe or anywhere that I know of here in Zambia to get those nice Apple Barrel Acrylic Paints,
I tried using crayons.
They worked great!!!
Probably even better than paints because I already had them at church,
plus we never had to wait for paint to dry.
The work began.
At first I drew out a bit of a sketch
of the little lost and found puzzle I wanted to make.
After I began, another lady from church pitched in to help.
|Lady from church made these beautiful houses|
Then her daughters (10 and 12 yrs old) came along and did their little parts too.
|10 yr old's work|
|12 yr old's work|
After a few hours it was really coming together,
but there were just a few things that still needed to be added.
So, one evening I decided to finish it.
|Adding animals and trees.|
On my hands and knees in the living room,
I began to color in more trees, houses and animals.
The young lady who is staying with me (Brenda),
came in and asked if she could also help.
|Brenda added a few little shops|
It was such a blessing to work together to get such a project done.
We are so pleased with the way it turned out. It really made our Bible Clubs special because we used it every week for our theme in the Bible Lessons.
|Finished and ready for Bible Club!|
Every week, I drew a few new animals that the kids had to find
(going along with our Lost and Found theme).
I praise the Lord for the many hands that helped to make this possible.
The memories we all made together working on this backdrop for ministry really made it even more special.
I will definetly use the idea again for the next time we do something like this.