WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Thursday, April 26, 2012

Traveling On My Knees

Last week someone gave me this poem:




     As I started my journey last weekend toward my next meeting, I thought about the church ladies I was going to see.  Over 2 years ago, I went to thier church to share my burden for South Africa.  
2 yrs. ago at Race Street Baptist Church
lunch with the ladies (2010)
     They all warmly received me.  After sharing what the Lord has asked me to do in South Africa, they also grew a burden of thier own.  That burden was to encourage and pray for this missionary to get to her mission field.  While reading that wonderful poem, these dear ladies come to mind. 
     Over the past 2 years I have received a multitude of letters from each of them.  They have told me of the prayers that they have prayed for me and the blessings they see as I do what God has asked me to do.  
lunch with the ladies last weekend (2012)
   As I spent time with them last weekend, I noticed that their sweet spirits have not changed.  Some things did change, however.  One of the ladies who wrote more frequently had been in an accident and her mind is not as sharp as it used to be.  I also noticed that more ladies have joined the group.  Each had love for the Lord and their own set of
burdens for others to be saved.

     It was such a delight to share my ministry again with their church, but also to fellowship once more with those dear ladies before I leave for the mission field. I know that they will be "traveling on their knees" on behalf of the Zulus in South Africa & me!