WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Sunday, September 1, 2013

Prayers for Protection and Saftey

To all of you who pray for your missionaries, thier protection, and the protection of the people in thier ministry - THANK YOU!!!

Today, as I took some of the children home in the car God protected us. It was a beautiful day, so the windows were rolled down and we were chatting in Zulu and English. A slight breeze came through the car as I turned a corner and out the window went one of the work sheets that one of the kids had colored in church.
Yes, I felt sorry for him and saw where it landed, so I turned around to go back for it. I said a few times in English and in Zulu for him to wait until the car stops, to be careful, and when I am stopped he can get out and get his paper in the middle of the street.
What you need to know, is that the Zulu kids are not used to riding in cars, except to church. Many times they get out and never close the door because they are just not used to a car.
My car has automatic locks, so the doors were locked. BUT, children are children. As we got close to the paper, he unlocked his door and started to jump out. I slammed my brakes on because my little brother did something like that before and was badly injured. Thankfully the boy did not get out because he heard the panic in my voice. Meanwhile, a car zoomed up behind us and blarred his horn. Drivers in South Africa are very rude and impatient (and that is all I had better say right now). Praise the Lord he did not decide to ram into my car.
I was able to park like I wanted to and the little boy got out of the car and picked his paper off of the middle of the street. We praise the Lord for His protection for that little boy and all of us. The rest of the way to thier homes I tried to explain why it was dangerous. the Zulu lady with me said, it was good it happened, because the children will learn a lesson from it. I never want anything to happen to our kids, but sometimes things do happen. I praise the Lord for giving me wisdom and for His safety today. Thanks again for everything you pray for!