WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Friday, April 10, 2015

Showers

Psalm 107:35
"He turneth the wilderness into a standing water, 
and dry ground into watersprings."


As you know, dry season was a hard time.
Farmer's fields were catching fire.
That fire would burn all of the grass they needed to feed thier cattle.
Times of drought and dryness seem hopeless.
Everyday, you find yourself peering up at the sky 
wondering if the Lord will send the rain "today".


In November the rains should come, but November came and went.
We hoped that December would bring the hard rains and
yet it only brought a few showers.


By January, we were still only having light showers,
but thankful for every drop of rain.


I thought about the many blessing that the Lord gives us.
We should be thankful for the small things, 
not just for the large showers of blessings that God gives us.


After all, big or small, they are all gifts from the Lord.


Even though we have not had enough rain 
and rainy season is supposed to be over,
God continues to send those small showers to sustain us 
through the dry times.

Psalm 63:1-8 
1 O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: 
my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee 
in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
 2 To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.
 3 ¶ Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.
 4 Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.
 5 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; 
and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:
 6 When I remember thee upon my bed, 
and meditate on thee in the night watches.
 7 ¶ Because thou hast been my help, 
therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.
 8 My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.




No comments: