WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Lord, Give Us Homes Built on Christ!

There is a song that goes,
"O give us homes built firm upon the Savior.
Where Christ is Head, and Counselor and Guide..."

Today, as I lay down on the floor in our school classroom,
with 11 little heads lying down on homemade cushions, 
I looked around me.  
Some tried to get as close as they could to curl up beside teacher,
 while others lay where they lay everyday.

Some lay quietly listening to the music, while others tossed and turned.

I sang along a little while to the music, 
touching the faces of those laying next to me,
 whispering "I love you and God loves you more", 
rubbing the backs of some who need a little more attention.  

As I looked into the faces of each child,
 looking past today and to their individual situations. 

Some did not have a mother, others come from broken homes, 
some were very loved and cared for,
while others had no interaction in the home.

It was in this moment where I realized the wonderful and loving home 
that I have been blessed to grow up in.  

I have a mother who is kind and caring.  
She sang songs with me, told me stories 
and took me with her wherever she went - to the store, 
to a church ministry, sewing, cooking, working in the garden,....
I am greatly blessed with a father who took time for me.
He also included me in the things he did.  
I was "daddy's little girl" and loved to go with him to gun shops, 
hardware stores, or just for a drive.

My parents made me feel safe and loved. 
 They taught me about life, about God's love and forgiveness, 
and how to turn to God for wisdom in the hard times.

Most of the children in my class will never experience those things, 
BUT Lord-willing their children will.

Everyday of school they have a "mommy" who will shower them with love, 
discipline them when they are wrong, sing and play with them, 
and most importantly teach them God's ways.

Proverbs 22:6
"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

---
Please pray for wisdom for us teachers as we deal with 
different circumstances here that are both cultural and family related.


No comments: