WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Friday, June 11, 2010

Travel Journal: Day #2

Thursday, June 10, 2010
Destinantion: Nashville, TN
Okay, I started out my day with this thought - "Why do they call the breakfast provided by a hotel a "continental breakfast"?" There is really nothing continental about a piece of bread, yogurt, and fruit! Did you ever wonder???
After having a "continental breakfast" (yogurt & coffee :0), I headed out for the day. Since the traffic in Knoxville is awful between 9-12noon, I decided to go to the zoo. I was greatly looking forward to seeing those African animals. Excitement mounted when I found out that they had white rhinos and a few African elephants. When I go to the exhibits, my heart sank. The animals looked so sad in thier smaller grassless cages. I guess after seeing these animals in thier natural habitat I can recognize what it must be like for them to be caged.
While typing this post I was thinking of the great spiritual application. When we are caged by our sin and out of our godly spiritual habitat, we are unhappy and restless. As I walked on to other exhibits, the feeling of pity for the animals was replaced by the attitude of gratitude. I became thankful that I had the chance to see the elephants, giraffes, monkeys, rhinos, and other animals in Africa. I was also thankful that these animals (even though they seemed unhappy to me) could be seen by people who may never have the chance to travel so far away. The spiritual thought that also came to mind was about the people in the Bible that God put on exhibit for us to learn from...
After the trafic had cleared I drove another 4 hours to Nashville, TN. It was also a busy area since the Country Music Awards are going on. Please pray for me as I hope to witness to the Indian man who is the hotel owner. I will be here today and tommorrow. Since I have a hard time thinking anymore I am going to get settled in and ready for bed. The Lord allowed traveling saftey again and He again blessed me with a great day! Ask me to tell you more about my day later!

No comments: