WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Sunday, June 17, 2012

Saturday Ladies Visitation

View from the church
On Saturday, I got to finally go into the Zulu Village of Embo.

Ladies on visitation
Karen (the other missionary) and I met 3 other ladies from church.

Picture taken from along the walking trail to the Gogo's house
Our goal was to visit some of the "Gogos" from church.
(In Zulu, "gogo" means granny.  
They are the older ladies and that is what everyone calls them.)


First, we visited the lady closest to the church.


Then, we went a little farther.
Down a narrow path,
winding around the hills and valley,
passed many other houses,...


Some places were hard to walk and without sure footing.

Finally, we arrived at this Gogo's house.


At each home we:
sang a few songs in Zulu,
talked to the Gogo about her health,
she shared prayer requests,
one of the ladies shared a Bible reading & challenge,
Karen prayed, 
and then we sang this song.
(press the PLAY button)



I found out afterward that this Gogo was 102 years old!

Gogo's home (made from mudbrick)

It was such a great time visiting with the Zulu ladies
 and encouraging them in their walk with the Lord.

Many more people need to be reached.
Please pray that I will learn to speak and understand 
Zulu more, so that I can talk with the people on my own.

Embo- view from the side of the valley