WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Sunday, July 1, 2012

Don't Monkey Around

While I was studying for the up coming 5-Day Kid's Bible Club, 
I heard a ruckus outside.


I looked out my window.
"What could it be?"



There it was again- crashing and thrashing.

The sound of avocados hitting the ground.

The neighborhood dogs were barking.


There I see it!


There it goes again!

You guessed it - a monkey!
(actually a whole family of monkeys)


This is an adult Vervet Monkey (Chlorocebus pygerythrus).

Check out his hair!


Here is a young Vervet.
He is not as afraid of the camera
(or maybe he is just not older and wiser).
He sat there watching me, as he ate the avocado right out of its skin.



The Monkeys are smart and stay away from the dogs.
Walking safely on the electrical wires,
they move from house to house looking for fruit to eat.


As I stood there watching them, 
I thought about the children I will be teaching during the 5-Day Bible Club.

You know, they like to "monkey around", 
trying to stay safe and looking to get whatever they can from life,
 when all the while they are so close to the danger of Hell.


God has commanded us to go out and win the lost.
He says "bring them in" and that's what we will do this week(Mt.22).


People are not monkeys, they have a living soul.

Jesus said, "Suffer the litte children to come unto Me,..." Mark 10:14

Please pray that some little children will come to know Christ as thier personal Saviour this week, as I teach 5-Day Children's Bible Club July 2-7, 2012.