WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Monday, January 13, 2014

Life Lessons from Living in South Africa:The Mist

There is a natural phenomenon that happens in my area.
It creeps up on you and then you can't see a thing.
This natural phenomenon is what we Hillcrestians call "The Mist".
This "mist" does not occur anywhere else in Durban, 
but when you get to Hillcrest you see it.
It might be a very beautiful. clear day with not a cloud in site.
Then, you can feel the weather shift rapidly.
You look out your window and see this.
Here it comes!
Once it has arrived, the "mist" makes it hard to see anything.
The "mist" reminds me of how satan attacks us sometimes.
Life can be going well, but then all of a sudden a "mist" rolls in.
The "mist" (satan's attack), makes it hard to see through the darkness.
This attack seems to cover our life making it feel dark and dreary.
Praise God for His Word to light our path!  
Use God's Word to help you  and lead you through the hard times!
Recently, while reading my devotions, 
the Lord made the following verse stick out to me:
 "For thou wilt light my candle: 
the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness." 
Psalm 18:28

No comments: