WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Thursday, December 11, 2014

Water....Water...Water: The Drought and Fields that Burn

Daily, I think of WATER.

Like the Zambian people, I long for the Lord to send the rains.
My lips are constantly dry; my mouth is constantly parched.
Water....water....water!!!

Daily, I need to go to that Living Water for my spiritual thirst to be quenched.
I have seen over and over again lessons that we can apply to our need for Christ, our Living Water.

 "Jesus answered and said unto her, 
Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
  But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water 
springing up into everlasting life."  ~John 4:13-14

Let me tell you what we are experiencing right now in our physical need for water and then lets apply it spiritually.
~~~

Last February, when I took my survey trip to Zambia
the dambos (this is what they call thier water supply
 for cattle and crops) looked like this:


This is our farm's dambo only half full.
It looks so refreshing and beautiful in this picture.


Eventually, the water all dried up because of lack of rain.


Now that beautiful oasis, looks like this, dry as a desert.


Most of the grass and trees are dry and brittle.
Some of the farms have dry boerholes (the word they use for "well").


They other week, while driving to see someone from church,
I noticed that one side of the lane had been burnt, 
while the other remained dry.

Not only does the drought dry up the ground and everything growing,
but those conditions also make it easier for a field to catch fire and spread.


The fire took away necessary food for already starving cattle.

See how thin these cows are.  You can see every bone in their body.

As I continued to drive, I could see the hot embers 
from a fire continuing to burn.

 

What a contrast in each side of the road.
The left side shows how dry and destitute the land has become,
while the right side shows complete devestation.

Everyday, we live with a hope for water.
Every cloud in the sky is constantly glanced at
 in wonder of whether it will carry rain.
Every conversation we have with people during the day carries the
question, "Do you think it will rain today?"
~~~

You see, this time of drought has caused everyone to look UP!
It is during the times of drought in our spiritual lives that we need to look up.
We must remain close to that well of Living Water to avoid drought.
But, when drought does come, we must be very careful and on guard so that we will not be burned and in total devastation.  

What about you?
Are you experiencing drought?
We all do from time to time.
Are you in the Word?
Are you keeping away from "fires" that may devastate your life? 
Or are you allowing the worldly things to burn and devastate you?

Its time to turn to the Living Water.
LOOK UP with a renewed hope that one day, the Lord will send the rain.

James 5:7 "Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain."

No comments: