WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Thursday, July 8, 2010

Travel Journal: Days #11-12

June 19&20, 2010
Destination: North Little Rock, AR
This morning I left Memphis for Hope Baptist Church. We had morning visitation in the horrible heat. It was an encouragement to have so many people out to visit. This church is only 4 months old and yet there were about 12 people on visitation and then they stayed around for church cleaning.
After visitation I had fellowship with the pastor and his wife and a great dinner with them and another lady named Gina (what a great name!).
At church on Sunday I was able to play flute with Gina,teach children's Sunday School, be the first missionary to show a DVD Presentation, and share a testimony with the church.
What a blessing it was to go away encouraged, revuved by great fellowhip and ready for the trip home.

No comments: