WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Monday, November 18, 2013

From Christmas Past

While I was home, one of the families from church approached me.
They said they had to apologize, 
because they never sent me the box of things they had for me from last Christmas.
I understood, because I have done that on numerous occasions.  
There always seems to be some excuse for not sending something and then it gets forgotten.
Well, they brought the box of wrapped gifts to church with them 
for me to take home to South Africa.

As I packed my luggage, I was going to open them 
(TSA says not to bring wrapped presents because 
when they search your luggage they will have to open them.)

I said a little prayer as I packed the wrapped presents.
When I arrived home, they were all still wrapped 
in the beautiful paper that the family had chosen just for me!

Instead of opening them right then or waiting for Christmas this year, 
I decided that I would allow myself to open them one at a time. 
It was kind of an incentive to keep me going when I got back.
I held out for a few days and then university came up.  
I was dreading having to return because I was so behind from being in the States.  
That day, I made myself go and found that I did well.  
I was not as far behind as I had thought.

                                                            When I got home, 
I treated myself to opening the first present. 
 I chose a smaller looking one.

Wouldn't you know it was exactly what I needed!!!! 
 It was a watercolor set!

I wanted to start using watercolors with the kids, 
but I was so busy while I was in the States
 that I didn't have time to shop for them 
(only the bare necessities this trip).

I was overjoyed at knowing that 
our Great Father in Heaven, 
who knows our needs before we ask
 had layed it upon this family's heart last Christmas to get me not one, but two watercolor sets for the children.  It is an extra blessing when you see God do 
something almost a year earlier to bless you with now.
~~~
     I was reminded of a few years ago when I was in Senegal on a medical mission trip.  We were doing clinical work our in the villages.  Along with our group of 14 came the doctor's father.  He was an older gentleman and wore glasses for reading.  He had no medical experience, but wanted to come along to help his son invest in the eternal lives of the people. 
     One afternoon, while roaming from place to place, he stopped to watch his son consulting with a patient.  This man had walked for miles.  He was one of a few who could read, but was having trouble seeing.  The doctor looked at the man's eyes and saw the problem, but sadly told the man that we did not bring any glasses with us.  How hard it is to look into someone's eyes who have come so far with a hope to be helped, to tell them that you cannot give them the help they need.  
     This made the doctor's father sad too.  He sadly hung his head and then his eyes grew widder.  He realized that tucked away in his shirt pocket were his own glasses.  He was not sure if they would work, but he could try.  After handing his son the glasses, the doctor did some eye exams to see if they were right for this man- and they were!!!   
     We were so excited to know how God had allowed that man to be on THAT trip, standing in THAT room, with glasses in his pocket, for THAT man!  What are the coinsidences?  There are none, it is ONLY GOD!!!!  

~~~

Let us not underestimate what God can do.
The Bible says "He goes before us" 
and "knows our needs before we ask".

What truth!!!  Just think, God is already at work on something in your life that has not even happened yet, or that you even know to ask about yet!

He is so faithful to us!


Deuteronomy 31:8 
"And the LORD, He it is that doth go before thee; 
He will be with thee, He will not fail thee, 
neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed."

Matthew 6:8b
..."for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask Him."