WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Saturday, November 30, 2013

Twas the Night Before the Christmas Tea


Twas the night before the Christmas Tea and all through the house,
was singing and laughing coming from happy mouths.
The tea things were gathered with care,
in anticipation of the guests that would be there.
We happily gathered for a meal shared with glee,
then we worked on some treats for the expected company.
Londiwe and Andile played a few games,
while Thandi and I baked for the dames.
We made scones with oranges, and others with Nutella,
then donned cucumber sandwiches with gingerbread fellas.
We made- orange & Nutella scones
 and cucumber sandwiches cut in the shape of gingerbread men
What a wonderful start to this time of year,
to have the ladies bake and help with good cheer!


~It was such a blessing to have these young ladies in my home.  
Some of my Zulu friends don't have a stove or an oven, 
so they don't really know how to bake.  
This was a chance to teach Thandiwe how to bake.

Praising the Lord for these wonderful young woman!