WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Saturday, November 30, 2013

Ladies Christmas Tea

my front door
This year, I had the blessing of hosting our
Ladies Christmas Tea.


Like all good Baptist churches,
our ladies bring some delicious treats.

Thandiwe
Ladies gathering for the Tea
Lisa & Thandiwe

We had a wonderful group of ladies who came.
Our time together started out with some chit-chat.

Then Robbin stood in front of the group and said that she wanted to recognize someone for something special.  While she was talking, I got up to get my camera to take a picture of whoever she was going to recognize.

Funny thing is, it was me!
She presented me with roses!!!

Robbin giving the challenge
Then, Auntie Robbin gave us a challenge from the Word of God.

She spoke from Psalm 33:20,21 & Psalm 34:1-11

"Our soul waiteth for the LORD: He is our help and our shield.
 For our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name."
Psalm 33:20,21


After our challenge from God's Word,
we had game time.

We played 2 games-
and


Finally, came the food.
Everything was delicious!


We each brought a gift and went home with a gift,
a handmade Christmas soap from Auntie Robbin,
and a gift bag with a homemade ornament & hand cream.


We praise the Lord that every woman who attended
has accepted God's free gift of salvation!

~~~
Please continue to pray for us as we minister to these and other ladies.
We are asking the Lord to give us wisdom in how to guide them in their spiritual lives, so that they can have a closer walk with the Lord.