WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Friday, May 9, 2014

Zambian Facts #11-20


10 More Facts about Zambia~

11. Lusaka, the capital of Zambia, was planned for 200,000 people, 
      but is now home to over 1,500,000 people

12. Zambia is one of the world’s poorest countries 
      and ranked 165th out of 177 on the Human Development Index

13. Zambian military helped the Allies in WW2 by fighting in Burma

14. Zambia is a republic with a president, much like the United States and France
President Michael Sata, Zambia's current president
15. Since Zambia’s independence in 1964, the country has had 3 constitutions

16. Iron and copper have been mined in Zambia for over 2000 years

17. Victoria Falls is one of the seven natural wonders of the world
      (*I have posted a short video clip below that I found on Youtube, 
        so you can see how beautiful the Falls really are)


18. Over one third of Zambians live in urban areas

19. Zambia is one of the hardest hit nations with AIDS
20. There are 7 local semi-official languages: 
      Bemba(the language I will be learning), Kaonde, 
      Lozi, Lunda, Luvale, Nyanja, and Tonga

Coming tomorrow, 10 more facts about Zambia!!!

No comments: