WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Sunday, May 11, 2014

Zambian Facts #21-30

10 More Zambian Facts ~

21. A favorite way for Zambians to pass time and relax is conversation,
      with an emphasis on story-telling

22. Zambians expect friendly persons to call on them unannounced

23. The national symbol is the African Fish Eagle, which looks much                                       
      like the American Bald Eagle


24. The population of Zambia is just under 13 million

25. Nshima (ground cornmeal) is considered to be the staple food of Zambia
Nshima is mealie meal (corn meal) mixed with boiling water.
Stir, stir, stir until it forms a fluffed up lump like this.   I think it tastes like cardboard :)


26.Over 85% of the nation is considered below the poverty line

27. Anything considered “rural” is called “the bush”

28.  Victoria Falls is known to Africans as “Musi-o-Tunyi” or “The Smoke That Thunders”

29. Copper is still the key resource of Zambia; Zambia is the worlds fifth-largest producer


30. Average life-expectancy at birth is 38.6 years


Come back tomorrow to learn about 
how I know the Lord wants me in Zambia.

No comments: