WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Saturday, October 18, 2014

MOVING: Here & There

For the last few weeks I have been packing for Zambia.
I can't believe that very soon I will have possessions in 3 countries 
(stuff to store & ship> here in the USA, 
suitcases that I will be taking to Zambia,
and household & ministry items in storage in South Africa).

It seems like just yesterday that I packed up those belongings 
in South Africa. 
In all of the busyness of packing, planning to leave the country & the sale 
of possessions, I don't think I have ever posted pictures from that move in February of this year.

Here is a glimpse of what it is like to move from one country to another.


Everything was boxed.


Everything was labeled.


Even the chairs were wrapped.


Horray!  I was thinking that I sold all of my chairs 
and now that I see these pictures
 I realize that I WILL have a chair to sit on 
(that is, when the stuff finally arrives).



After labeling everything, the movers bring it outside.


Then I sign a paper and they loaded it into a moving truck.


The next time I will see my household & ministry 
possessions is still UNKNOWN.

As a woman, that worries me.  
My possessions include teaching materials, ministry supplies, 
crafting supplies, clothing, pots&pans, other kitchen stuff, furniture,... 
All things that are useful for life in general.  
I would love to have "my things" around me. 
 It is funny how having the familiar around you helps you to feel 
more at home 
when you are alone on the mission field.  

As a christian, though, I know that God is always with me. 
 I know that I don't really NEED stuff (stuff makes life a little easier, 
but I can always trust in God to be my source of all of my needs).

In less than a week, my possessions will be whatever fits inside my suitcases. 

 Ministry can be done with nothing, that is true, 
but I ask that you pray for a few things:
1- God's provision of supplies 
(He has already used the church ladies in Zambia to provide 
for some of my household needs.
2- safe travel to Zambia (Tues & Wed Oct 28 &29)
3- everything to arrive safely & accounted for
4- school & ministry supplies in barrels to arrive around Christmas 
(or before :)  )
5- MOST IMPORTANTLY: for the Zambian government to quickly approve 
my Visa & residency paperwork 
(these will take 3-? months to get passed through the system).  
My things in storage in South Africa cannot come into Zambia 
until these things are approved 
(once approved it could take months till they arrive).
 Realisticly it may be any time between March-June 2015.

Here are a few verses that God has given us to reassure us that 
He will take care of all of our needs:
Mt 6:8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth 
what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
Ac 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, 
as every man had need.
Php 4:12  I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: 
every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
 Php 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in 
glory by Christ Jesus.

Mt 6:25-33 "Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?Which of you by   taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.  Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?  Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?  (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."










No comments: