WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Monday, May 29, 2017

The In-Betweens

The other night, I was awakened out of sleep by a loud - CRASH!

After coming fully awake, 
I realized it was just the sound of a large avocado falling off the tree 
and onto the tin roof of the shed behind my house.

It was probably the 50th one that fell that day. 
So, content on the identification of the sound, 
I rolled over to fall back asleep.

I don't know about you, 
but every time I go to fall asleep, 
I seem to kind of "take inventory".

The day had been a good one.
The week had been a good one.
God is so GOOOOD!

That got me thinking about all of the ups and downs in life.

Since arriving in Zambia,
I had gone through sickness, broken limbs, pain, 
periods of constant headaches or ear aches.

Even though there were breaks in between,
 the breaks are easy to forget when you are always 
going through some sort of thing.

Tonight, 
this night, 
I was thankful for the days that are just normal, 
no present pain or sickness, 
no unnecessary drama in my life, 
just a day, 
a good one.

In the Christian life, we go through many ups and downs.

We experience spiritual mountain tops; highs of great spirituality and victory.

Then we experience valleys; deep, dark valleys of trials, 
heartaches, and testings.

Even though we should strive for those spiritual highs, we can't always have them, otherwise they would become "normals".

We need all three present in our lives to truly grow in His grace 
and in the knowledge of who He is.

Tonight, I am just thankful for the comfort, strength 
and rest that comes in the "in-betweens"!




No comments: