WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Monday, October 23, 2017

Trading Places

This past week,  I was in the church of the woman taking my place on the mission field.  She is there so that I could come to the States to report and rest.

As I was chatting in the hallway to one of the ladies, a little boy came up to greet me. He was the son of the woman I was speaking to.

His mother began telling him that I was the lady from Zambia that Miss Amy went to help. He looked a little confused.

We then told him that another lady had to take Miss Amy's place at their church, so that Miss Amy could take my place in Zambia.

"They traded places", we said.
His face smiled then.

We knew then that he understood what we were saying.

Trading places, living someone else's life- sounds like a movie, doesn't it?

No, it is real!

People all over the world do it, so that God's ministry continues and so that missionaries can do what they are commanded to do.

I looked at the little boy and asked,
"If you could trade places with anyone in the world, who would it be?"

He looked at me and then ran away.
Where did he go?

In a few minutes he returned and said the name of a missionary in the Arctic.

I had expected him to say the name of one of his heroes,  but instead he ran to the missions wall to decide who he might trade places with.

Innocence and sincere love for God are reflected in the heart of that little boy.

His mother and I just looked at each other, knowing that at that moment God planted the seed for the possibility of being a missionary in that little boy's heart.

Let me ask you, "If you could trade places with anyone in the world, who would it be?"

Would it be someone rich and famous?

Would it be with someone who has a nice physic?

Would it be with someone serving the Lord?

Maybe you wouldn't trade, because you are content in God's will for your life right now.

If you are not where God wants you now, then where should you be?

No comments: