WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Sunday, October 1, 2017

Furlough Travels , so far

For missionaries, 
a furlough is a time to come back to report to supporting churches, 
gather more support, 
reconnect with friends and family, 
and gain refreshment to have strength to go back to the "front lines".

Here are a few pictures of some things I have been able to do so far-


Teaching at a Ladies' Fellowship & Paint Day
with the ladies at Susquehanna Valley Baptist Church


Traveled through northern PA and saw a black bear


Helped my dad put in a new floor


Went on an outing with the Ambassadors 
(60+ group from Mt. Zion Baptist, my home church)


Went to Arkansas to report to one of my supporting churches
and got stuck in an airport for a day


Enjoyed some beautiful scenery along the way



Got to see some people baptized at my home church


Attended a one day retreat for pastors and missionaries


Spent time with some young ladies from my church



Of course, I haven't included everything.

Since I have been back in the States I have been in a different church 
almost every weekend to share a ministry report.

In reality, I always forget to take pictures,
because I am enjoying the wonderful fellowship.

I am thankful for the health, travel safety and friends that the Lord brings my way!

Please continue to pray that the Lord would quickly add to my support 
and that the rest of my time here will be profitable.


No comments: