WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Thursday, October 19, 2017

What's Your Excuse?

Over the past few years I have invited friends, acquaintances,  and fellow church members to come to Africa for a visit, just a little taste of the mission field.

Some of the responses I get are-
"I think that's too expensive"
"I am afraid of flying"
"I don't want to travel that far away"
"I could not bear such a long flight"
"I can't, because I have too much debt to work off"
"I would never go to Africa with all of those spiders and snakes"
"I don't want to get shots"
and the list goes on...

What do all of these excuses have in common?
You guessed it- "I"!
Just a one-letter word that holds a whole life in balance.
The major problem with our culture and lives is that selfish and sinful word "I".

In fact, it is our own sin that keeps us from taking opportunities to be used of the Lord.

It could be the sin of debt, or fear, or wanting to do my own thing, live my own way...
We miss being used of God when we make decisions based on what WE want, rather than on what God wants.
Do we ever stop to think that maybe God has a specific soul He wants us to reach?

The One who gave us this life, gave His life, so that we have lives to live for Him.

Ask yourself, "what is He asking me to do for Him?".
Are you doing it?
If not, WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE?

No comments: