WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Travel Journal: March 12-15

3/12 -Today I set out on a month of deputation meetings - PRAISE THE LORD! It hasbeen hard to get meetings these past few months. I am hopingthat my support will grow to well over 50%. Saturday i set out for Glenford, OH. Did you know that all of Ohio is not flat? I expected flat boring scenery, but it was alt like home. I traveled a few dirt roads to get to the church. My accomodations were a beautiful prophet's chamber on the church property. The veiw out of my window was across farmers fields. I felt right at home!
What a blessing it was as usual to meet the faithful people of that church. It always seems too short of a visit. I wanted to stay longer to spend time with the people.
3/13 -Sunday morning I shared a special and my DVD presentation. During the evening service I was able to have a longer time to share some stories and testimony of my burden for th Zulus in South Africa. After service I could have talked to the people for hours. After some fellowship at my display table, the teen girls Sunday School classes (JR & SR High)had dinner for me. We had a wonderful time of fellowship. I love teen girls! During our time of chatting I even found out that one family had a pet skunk named Jimmy!
3/14 - This morning I did paperwork and then watched the pastor's boys for the afternoon. We had a great time! The Lord gave us beautiful warm weather so we played basketball, football, basketball, soccer, basketball, monkey-in-the-middle, basketball, soccer, and more basketball.
3/15 -Today, Nancy (the church secretary), her daughter Misty and granddaughter Lauren took me to a few Goodwills. It was fun finding some bargins and having lunch together. In the afternoon I invited another lady from the church and her daughter to have coffee with me in the church kitchen. We had a great time of fellowship. Our time wa stoo short, but I had to run - dinner with the pastor's wife and the boys. I love Stephanie, the pastor's wife. She uses her creativity for the glory of God. We had a great time of fellowship (mostly because we have many of the same interestsand are similar in age). I will be praying for that church and the dear people I was able to meet. Now on to another meeting!

No comments: