WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Saturday, March 19, 2011

Travel Journal : March16-18


3/16 -Wednesday, tonight I had a service at Twin Rivers Baptist Church, just outside of Maritta, OH. First, I started out in the 4-6th grade Awana class. We had a great time and they were good listeners. I was able to share my salvation testimony with them and to tell them about te Zulus in SA. Halfway through the service, I went out to the auditorium to speak to the adults. I love thier auditorium, it is so missions- minded. The people here made me feel like they had known me all thier life. They all spoke to me without hesitation. It was also great to meet some of the ladies who know people from my home church. After service I was able to spend time with the pastor, Anita (pastor's wife), and her mother "Granny" (they call her). After my visit, they now call her "Gogo Granny".
3/17 -Yesterday, I got a call from a pastor in Pensacola. He asked me in for a meeting since I will be down this way. Hurray, a new meeting! I will also get to spend some time with some kids from my church who go to school down there. Your ways are not my ways, Lord. I originally did not plan to be gone this long, so I did not pack everything that I need for this journey. Today, I spent some time driving to my next meeting and shopping for some needed itms. One thing that I needed immediately was a DVD player. Last Sunday, before service, my laptop refused to play my DVD presentation. Thankfully, I was able to use a DVD player from thier prophet's chamber. So, today I had to purchase a small one to use for deputation. Spent the night in Barboursville, WV.
3/18 -Stopped at Goodwill to find a few things and then I was back on the road for a few hours. During my long drives I like to stop in between for a break. Sometimes I stop to see something that I may never get a chance to see again. Today I went to the Lincoln Museum in Hodgenville, KY. The museum ws great! The cost was great too (only $3)! After the half hour stop I traveled 2 1/2 more hours South and stayed in Columbia, TN.

No comments: