WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Travel Journal : March 19-21, 2011

3/19 - drove for a few hours today and arrived at the Lighthouse Mission House in Athens, AL. This is a beautiful house hosted by some wonderful people. It was nice to be in the same place for a couple days. By the way, I forgot to tell you that when I called to add minutes to my phone they told me that I needed to get a new one because it was so old. (For those of you who don't know, I use a prepaid phone instead of having a monthly plan. I do this to save some extra money for my passage fund, instead of paying so much for a fancy phone that I don't really NEED.) Anyway, I went to Walmart and bought a new phone for $9.95 - WOW! The problem came when I went to activate & transfer my old number to the new phone. They deactivated the old phone first, and then told me it will take up to 72 hours before the new phone can be in use. 72 hours!!! To make a long story longer, I went 3 days without a phone. That is very hard for a missionary, since the phone is an important tool, especially when traveling. I am thankful that our God can always be accessed, unlike our cell phones.
3/20 - FIRST DAY OF SPRING! Today's service was great! I attended Madison Baptist Church in Madison, AL. The people were so kind, friendly, and full of that "Southern Hospitality". Pastor Allison preached some great messages that really challenged us to be serious about the truth of God's Word, the choir specials were beautiful, and the congregational singing was uplifting. In the evening I had a chance to share my burden for the Zulus. The verses I shared in my testimony were II Samuel 22:31-33. My testimony clearly shows how the Lord truly goes before us amd makes our way perfect. After service many people came by the display to talk and ask questions. There was also a man who shared with me excitedly how his testimony is similar to mine. He grew up at his church, got his training there, is active in ministry, took a mission trip to Uganda, and will be returning there as a missionary soon. He said that he identified with me when I shared how the Lord used my past ministry with teens & kids to prepare me for the mission field in South Africa. He too is active with teens and bus ministry and will be going to Uganda to work with the same type of kids. Thank you Lord for going before us and preparing us for the service you ask of us in the future. What a great first day of Spring!
3/21 - This morning I had to leave the Mission House so they could prepare for a missionary family who are coming in. I was sad to leave, but glad to have had that time to get some much needed paperwork done and especially do laundry. Today, I make my way straight through Alabama toward Pensacola, FL. I never thought I would be in Alabama or Florida!

No comments: