WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Friday, May 20, 2011

Let your light shine!

The other week I was blessed to visit a church in Maine and pick up my cousin from college way up in Machias (if you don't know where Machias is that is because it is one of the north-eastern-most towns in the USA, just a short drive from Canada). On the way, I had a chance to see some beautiful lighthouses.
Each of these lighthouses reminded me of how God uses us as Christians. God wants us to let our lights shine so that others may see the "True Light" through us.

Mt 5:14 "Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid."
Joh 9:5 "As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world."

Each lighthouse is shaped differantly.

Each lighthouse has an important job.

Some lighthouses light the way for ships to follow.

Others warn of rocks ahead.

All stand firm with the same message - "light".

The message that every lighthouse sends out is the "Light". Each stands magestic in its own way and boldly shares the "Light"/

God wants each of us to share that same message with everyone around us. Some people we need to lead. Others we need to warn. Yet, others need to see the "Light" for the first time.

Joh 8:12 ¶ "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."

Mt 5:16 "Let your light so shine before men , that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

What a lesson we learn from these lighthouses!
Which one are you?

No comments: