WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Thursday, May 19, 2011

Stir Up The Gift



The weekend of Mother's Day I was privileged to be the speaker for a Ladies' Banquet. It was a blessing to see so many mothers, daughters, and grandaughters.
We enjoyed lots of food and fellowship.
We also enjoyed a fun game!

The Lord impressed upon my hear to speak to the ladies about the great example of Lois and Eunice as godly woman from the Bible.

II Timothy 1:5-10 5 "When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.
6 ¶ Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands.
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;
9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:"


Paul was encouraging Timothy to "stir up the gift". This gift was the faith and love that his mother and grandmother taught him. They focused thier lives on God and pleasing Him. Lois and Eunice did not keep those "gifts" to themselves, but chose to pass them on.
Each of us, as woman, has a sphere of influence. May we be challenged by these two godly ladies to "stir up the gift that is in us"!

No comments: