WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Friday, February 24, 2012

My Faithful Prayer Warriors

 I am so thankful for all of the people who hold me up in prayer.
Some of the dearest people to me are those who don't have much, 
but choose to give for the furtherance of the Gospel.

After hearing about a few youth groups and Sunday School classes that have taken me on for support, the 4&5 yr olds from my Master's Club class have decided that they too could support me for $5.oo a month.

You may say, $5.oo, how can that help a missionary?
I might reply, "Every little bit helps". 
That may seem a very simple answer, but it is very true.
Do you realize that if 500 people would pledge just $5.oo 
like these little children, that would cover all of my support 
needed for the mission field ($2,300per month).
Many times we do not give financially to our church or our missionaries because we think that what God has led us to give is very insignificant.


These little ones have given thier best.



Every week they look at the map on thier classroom wall.
 They pray for the Zulu people, 
that Miss Gina's support will grow so she can go,
for my saftey as I travel,
for the churches I am visiting to catch the burden for South Africa,
and many other pure hearted requests.

Each of the children are excited when I am able to attend thier class on Wednesday nights.  They want to personally hand me thier pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters (which usually come with a hug).
Ryan, is such a playful little boy, but is always 
ready to reciprocate any love that you share back to you.  
Last week, as he hugged me, he said, "I hope you get to Africa soon".
Jessica, is a talkative and very busy little girl.
She is always so inquisitive and ready to talk about everything,
including South Africa.

Evelyn, is such a joy to have in class.  
Her smile and happy nature are so fun and refreshing.
She is always ready to learn new memory verses.
Every time I see her, she comes over to me with a few cents in her hand.
With a smile she gives her "best" to me and says,
"Is this enough for you to go to South Africa?"
What simple faith!

Truman, has a sweet heart.
He truly cares about the needs of others.
When we have prayer time, he faithfully prays for 
"his daddy's job to not be too stressful".
I can only imagine how sincere his prayers are for me.

Eric, was quiet when he first came to our class.
Now he fits in as "one of the boys".
He refused to smile for this picture because he wanted to be silly.
I love having him as a part of our class!

As Ryan worked with Jessica on her verses,

 and as the teachers worked with their students
on memory verses, I was again reminded about how blessed 
I was to be one of the teacher in this little class.
They are my faithful prayer warriors!

There is a song that we some times sing called, 
Give of Your Best to the Master.
These little ones are giving thier best to Him.

GIVE OF YOUR BEST TO THE MASTER
by Howard B. Grose 1902

  1. Give of your best to the Master;
    Give of the strength of your youth;
    Throw your soul’s fresh, glowing ardor
    Into the battle for truth.
    Jesus has set the example,
    Dauntless was He, young and brave;
    Give Him your loyal devotion;
    Give Him the best that you have.
    • Refrain:
      Give of your best to the Master;
      Give of the strength of your youth;
      Clad in salvation’s full armor,
      Join in the battle for truth.
  2. Give of your best to the Master;
    Give Him first place in your heart;
    Give Him first place in your service;
    Consecrate every part.
    Give, and to you will be given;
    God His beloved Son gave;
    Gratefully seeking to serve Him,
    Give Him the best that you have.
  3. Give of your best to the Master;
    Naught else is worthy His love;
    He gave Himself for your ransom,
    Gave up His glory above.
    Laid down His life without murmur,
    You from sin’s ruin to save;
    Give Him your heart’s adoration;
    Give Him the best that you have.





Honour the Lord with thy substanceand with the firstfruitsof all thine increase:



Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youthwhile the evil days come not, nor the years draw nighwhen thou shalt sayI have no pleasure in them;