WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Saturday, February 4, 2012

Bad Buddy Boy!

Since I started this blog, some of you have become Buddy fans.
You are even writing requests to see more pictures of Buddy.

Here they are:
 He may look so cute.
He may even pose in a way that makes you wonder 
how he can contort his body that way.
He may even appear to be helpful at times.

But...

Sometimes he is my bad Buddy boy.
 Like when I come home to find that he pushed all of my card making supplies off the table and onto the floor.

Or when he feels he MUST sleep on this shelf.
Buddy thinks that the candle holder 
is taking up too much space on the shelf so he knocks it off.
Or he might decide that he is not getting enough attention 
so he eats the beads off the lampshade.
 Why does Buddy like to play in the trash?
Will I ever own a shower curtain that does not have claw marks all over it?


He can be very bad, but Buddy is still cute and lovable.
I guess it is just his nature and I love him for it!


You know we can get like that too.
God loves us more than a pet owner or parent,
after all, He gave His only Son for us.
Yet, we choose to be "bad" and sin.
We get into all kinds of things and think that He doesn't know or can't see us.
I wonder if He ever thinks, "When will Gina ever stop doing this?
I tell her over and over in My Word that it is wrong,
 yet she still does it again."


Praise the Lord for His everlasting love for me.
That love is shown everyday in many ways, 
including that He gave me my little Buddy to remind me of that love.