WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Lesson in Silence



I have been working on a post that I have written in the course of the last 4 days.  
It has been something that has been deep on my mind and heart.  
Yesterday, I printed it off to proof read it.  You see, I wanted it to say 
exactly what it should say.  
I was very meticulous about making sure no one could read anything into it, 
that is was God-honoring, encouraging to the believers, and an inspiration for us to press on for Christ.  

After days of work, I finally felt it was at the place where I could post it.  
So again I reprinted it.  
The post was 5 pages long with scribbled notes here and there.  
I had some friends read it over.  
They started reading and said to me, "who did you write this too?.  
I said "Oh, I told you I am going to post this on my blog".  
They looked at me and then back at the pages and continued to read.  
"Well, what do you think?", I said.  
"Wow" was their remark.  
"You certainly were honest and brought out the truth, 
but I am not sure that your readers can handle this".  
After a bit of discussion, I decided not to post that article.  
It was too controversial.  

I know, by now you are intrigued and want to know what it was about.  
Well, in a nutshell - I shared my heart.  
The article concerned my disgust with 
the typical Christian singles "victim mentality", 
my personal struggles with being taken seriously as a missionary, 
the joy and peace that God gives you as you serve Him in your singleness, how He is with me in the lonely times, 
encouragement to all woman  to obey and serve God no matter your life situation (married and single), ....  and much more.


As you can see, the subject was very heavy and at times very personal.  Maybe one day I will publish it, but for now -
(as my friends say-) "the world is not ready for it". 
(Ecclesiastes 3:1,7 "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:"..."a time to keep silent and a time to speak.")
This is just not the season.


What made me desire to write such an article? 
The words from the mouth of a fellow missionary 
(kind of like the straw that broke the camel's back) 
gave me the desire to "set the world straight".  
It is sad how even God's people can 
hurt and discourage others with their words.


I know that there are people that I have hurt with my words.  
Lord, forgive me if I have ever been 
negative to Your leading in someone else's life.  
Each of us know how words can hurt.  
May we be sensitive enough to God, 
that we encourage the fellow believers, 
instead of harming them in the name of good.
There were even times in Christ's earthly ministry 
where He was so sensitive to God, 
that He did not even utter a word (Mt 27:12;Mk 15:3).  

God knows that these issues are heavy on my heart.  
Lord, help me to know when it is honoring to You 
that I speak and when to keep silent.