WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Thursday, March 15, 2012

Travel Journal: March 10-13, 2012

SATURDAY~ Today I drove out through Pennsylvania to Brooklyn, Ohio.  Thank you Lord for the beautiful sunny day, saftey, and less traffic than usual.
Driving through Fremont, OH
SUNDAY~ This morning I attended Cleveland Baptist Church in Cleveland, Ohio.  It was such a blessing to finally meet Pastor and Mrs. Folger.  Thier church is the sending church for my dear friend Karen Nolan.  Karen is a single missionary lady to Mexico.  She has stayed with me a number of times while attending my home church's Missions Conference.  Karen has been a blessing to have as a friend and was a huge help to me as I started deputation.  It was great to attend her home church and meet the people who were her prayer warriors.  


During the afrternoon, I drove a few hours to Clyde, OH.  
For evening service, I attended Harvest Baptist Temple.  This is the church that my pastor came from.  It is also the church where the Sharps are from.  The Sharps are missionaries who go all over the world helping churches with thier sound systems, audio/visual, setting up radio stations, and anything high-tech that needs to be done.  God has given them so many useful talents to help churches bring people to Christ.  I actually sat beside Mr. Sharp's mother!  Funny, the people you meet at church :)  The service was challenging and the fellowship was sweet.  After service, I drove about 40 minutes down the road to Fremont, Ohio.


Looking out over my balcony


MONDAY~ This morning I woke up and opened the door to my balcony.  From there I heard the sound of birds singing, church bells ringing, and a train whistle in the background.  Where was I?   Well, I already told you :)  I was in Fremont, Ohio.  The Lord provided a wonderful place for me to stay.  It was a little Bed & Breakfast called "Blessings".  One of the oldest houses in the historic part of town.  
Blessings B&B
It had lots of Victorian charm, but most of all I loved the inn keepers, Ryk & Eve.  As fellow Christians we were able to share with each other what the Lord has been doing in our lives.  If you would like to see more pictures from my stay at "Blessings" click here
Today, I worked on my application for my South African Health Insurance.  I have to have prook of insurance for South Africa in order to get my VISA approved.  So I had the paperwork emails, took it to be printed, filled it out and faxed it back (whew, it sounds alot easier than it was).  Also, forgot to say I found another Goodwill (I have "thrift store radar").


TUESDAY~ The weather has been so nice, so I have been walking through the historic area every morning before breakfast and every evening.  After enjoying a great breakfast, while visiting with Eve & Ryk, I did some paper work.  
Me with Ryk & Eve
Today, I spent some time on the phone again with my insurance man.  the Kilmers and I are also trying to track down some Zulu John/Romans for me to ship to South Africa.  I made a number of calls (with great help from Mr. Engles), but have still not found a place that prints Zulu John/Romans.  Please pray about this.  I was hoping to find a place in Ohio or Indian so that I could pick them up on my trip back home.  Tonight, as I was sitting on the couch updating my calendar and on the phone with a friend, Eve came out to tell me about the tornado warning.  She took me over to this closet and said that if the tornado siren goes off I should hide in there. 
The Tornado closet
 The closet was just right for one person to hide in.  Nonetheless, the tornado did not come through and we all got a good night sleep.  


Wednesday I will be at Lagrange Baptist Church in LaGrange, Indiana.
Thursday & Friday I will be at Covenant Baptist Church in Sterling Heights, Michigan.
Saturday morning I will drive toward home visiting a new church on Sunday morning and evening.
Thank you for praying!