WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Travel Journal: March 17 & 18, 2012

SATURDAY: This morning I did my usual morning walk and then left Michigan to drive toward home.  At one point during my journey home the GPS kept saying "Bridge to Canada 1 mile".  I was getting a little concerned when hardly anyone else was driving on the highway with me except those with Canadian license plates.  If you didn't already know this, my GPS has taken me to some odd places in my travels.  Most of the time it is very useful and I am thankful for how helpful it is, but that day I was getting a little concerned that it might take me to the border and I didn't have my passport with me.  Needless to say, it did not take me to Canada, Whew!!!!   

Driving was not too bad on Saturday morning.  After I got halfway to my destination, I stopped at a Rest Area to stretch my legs and to get a little work done.  After a few phone calls, it was very clear that the Lord's will was not for me to go to my original destination for Sunday service.  After talking to my dad a while, he reminded me that his Uncle John and Aunt Floss (my great aunt & uncle) were living in Sharpsville, PA, right on the edge of the OH/PA line.  I called them and asked about coming to attend the church that Uncle John was preaching at (my Great Uncle John has pastored some very productive churches and is now interum pastor at a small Baptist church in the area).  They invited me to stay the night with them.
What a blessed time we had of catching up 
and of sharing all that the Lord has been doing in our lives.
I am just so blessed to have family who love God and are serving them with their whole heart.
In a later post I will share with you some of those blessings, but for now I just want to catch you up on my Sunday meeting.

Pastor & Mrs. Frey
SUNDAY: Today, I was given the Sunday School hour at my Great Uncle's church.  The people were so receptive as I showed my DVD and shared testimony about all that the Lord is doing.  I know there will be people who support prayerfully and financially from this church.
My Great Uncle is an excellent preacher 
and my Great Aunt is just a joy to be around.  
The Lord has given her a true love for people.  
She is like a breath of fresh air!
I will tell you more about them later and about who this Bible belongs to 
(look for it in my next post).

After a delicious lunch and Great Aunt Floss's Raspberry Pie - YUM!!!  I was off to another church for evening service.  My plan was to stop at a church in Bedford, PA on the way toward home.  My parents often go to Bedford to visit Antique shops and Flea Markets and are always telling me to visit some of the churches in that area.  Since it is almost a 4 hour drive I had not yet been able to do that, but this time had a chance since I was heading right through.  
I visited a friendly church, where the ladies just made me feel like I was part of their family.  The pastor asked me to stand and give a testimony and to tell who I am and where I am going.
I left feeling loved and blessed.  The Pastor's message was kind of a conclusion of this whole trip.  He preached about how one of the benefits of being saved is the believers around you.  God has certainly used His people to encourage, support, and bless me!
 Ps 68:19 
"Blessed be the Lord, 
who daily loadeth us with benefits, 
even the God of our salvation. Selah."