WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Monday, March 19, 2012

Travel Journal: March 14, 2012 - LaGrange, IN

WEDNESDAY:  Today, I did my morning walk around Fremont, OH (I have been needing to get more exersize, so it has been a blessing to stay in a place where I can walk around the community).  After another delicious breakfast with Ryk & Eve, I headed a few hours West to LaGrange, IN.
Two years ago, when I visited a church in Western PA, I met an older gentleman who really had a burden for missions.  He was so burdened for my ministry that he sent my prayer card to his brother in Indiana.  His brother, Pastor Farnum, called me and asked to have my prayer letter sent to him.  I have been corresponding with him for almost 2 years now.  The other month when he received my prayer letter, he saw that I was going to Indiana & Michigan.  Pastor Farnum called me to invite me to stop by his church if I was in the area.
On Wednesday, I finally had a chance to meet this pastor who I had been sending prayer letters to.
I arrived early to the church.  After setting up, I had some free time.  The church property had a beautiful wooded area around back.  Since I am trying to walk more, I took the opportunity to get some more exercise (pray for your missionaries to get more exersize, we sit in the car, sit fellowshiping with others, sit at the computer answering emails, sit talking to pastors, sit & eat, eat, eat,... everyone feeds us wonderful food.  It is a huge struggle with lack of exersize and extra weight gain).
During my walk, Mrs. Farnum joined me.  We had some great fellowship.  I just love her!!!  She has a heart for the Lord and a love for her husband, family, & ministry!  Truly a Proverbs 31 woman.
The service went well as I was able to show my DVD presentation and share testimony of my burden for South  Africa.  The most precious part of the night was prayer time.  The church all moves to the front and takes turn praying out loud as a group.  What a blessing to hear a small child ask God to help them understand salvation, to hear a woman who was just saved ask the Lord to help her talk to her friend, to hear them specifically pray for my needs, and to hear their burden for the souls of their community.
After sharing a meal and more fellowship with the pastor & his family, I was on the road again.
(Sorry, I forgot to take some pictures for you :((  )