WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Wednesday, December 18, 2013

PEACE, JOY, LOVE : Our Nursing Home Ministry

Welcome to our nursing home service!


Peter always does such a wonderful job with leading the music!

Miss Margret playing the piano.

He is accompanied by the very talented Miss Margret.
She is one of the residents 
and can play about anything without any sheet music.


For this service, I had the priviledge of playing a flute prelude of Christmas carols.
The humidity made some of my keys stick, but the people enjoyed it.
There is nothing like the singing the songs 
about the Saviour to get your heart ready to hear the Word!


Pastor Jeff preached to us about -
PEACE,
JOY,
&
LOVE

PEACE: True peace comes from God~

Luke 2:14 
"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."


John 14:27 
"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, 
give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

 John 16:33 
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. 
In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; 
I have overcome the world."

JOY: Joy comes from knowing Christ and living a life glorifying to God.

Luke 2:10 
"And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold,
 I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

Luke 15:10
"Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence 
of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

 Nehemiah 8:10 
"Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength."

LOVE: God loves you more than anyone ever could!
AND
His love can be perfected in us, if we show His love to others.

John 3:16 
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, 
that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

1John 4:12 
"No man hath seen God at any time. 
If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and His love is perfected in us."



Please pray with us, for the dear people at the Winston Park Rest Home.
Christmas can be a very lonely time of the year for the elderly.

Also pray that the Word of God will help some to find 
the true PEACE that only comes through knowing Christ as Saviour;
and for others to have the encouragement 
that God LOVEs and cares for them and will bring them JOY
even in the lonely times.