WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Thursday, December 12, 2013

Visiting the Kids on the Last Day of School & Abambo Baptist Classrooms

Down in the Valley of Thousand Hills,
is a Zulu area called Abambo.
Last week, we visited the Abambo Primary School 
on their last day of school for 2013.

While we were waiting for assembly,
some of the children were outside playing a game
that is like jacks, but they play it with rocks.

Robbin & I were inside a classroom with the principal and others 
filling out end of the year report cards.
It sure was fun to help!
I am amazed that the principal let us help with such an important job.

When the paperwork was completed,
the principal assembled the children.



Pastor Jeff was given the opportunity to share the Gospel with the children



Then each of the children got a "sweet".


Our visit, this time, was not just to see the children.
We also went to see the 2 classrooms that they are allowing us
 to use in 2014 for church services & Bible Studies.


The rooms we will be using are just behind the main part 
of the school and up this hill.


Both rooms need alot of work.
We will be painting, cleaning, fixing benches,....


We are so thankful that the Lord has provided a place for us to meet in soon.
I shared these pictures so you can see what the Lord is doing.
Please pray for us, as we prepare for ministry here and 
for every soul that enters these buildings.

view from the Abambo Primary School