WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Sunday, January 22, 2012

Paper, Ribbon, Fabric, and Buttons

 Last week, my friend Libby came over to teach me 
how to make some new craft projects.
We enjoy spending time together because we both have 
a burden for missions.
She is the "flower lady".
We made flower pins and she made a box and card with flowers.
Each of these projects are not just crafts, but gifts for people, 
as well as, things that we can hopefully do with some of the 
children and ladies on the mission fields that God has directed us to.
My mom also came over and did her favorite thing - sew!
I have a "Big Shot" die cutting machine that will
cut through 8 layers of cotton fabric.
 Mom came over to try out the new die that came in the mail.
It is a Dresden Plate quilt design (see the picture below).
It was so easy to have two different size Dresden Quilt blocks 
in just a matter of minutes.
I think all the excitement wore my mom out :)
We accomplished alot and laughed alot.
It was so much fun to be creative and to have a wonderful time of fellowship.

I am so thankful for the family and friends that God has placed in my life.
 Proverbs 27:9 "Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: 
so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel."