WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Thursday, January 12, 2012

Friend, Farm, Fun

Winter time for me, means that I can go out and visit 
some new churches that I have not been to.
It is a delight of mine to meet other believers 
and to have wonderful fellowship with them.
When I don't have a meeting, I look for a like-minded church to visit 
in hopes of getting invited to come back later 
to share my ministry with the church.

My friend Ann
Last weekend I visited two churches in Lebanon, PA.
I had the added blessing of being able 
to spend some time with my dear friend Ann.


Ann was a missionary to the inner city kids in the Philadelphia area.
               She lived in the city and has served the Lord faithfully 
                                    since she was a teenager.




Now she is blessed to live on this beautiful farm in the country.


Her days are still filled with the sound of children 
chattering and playing outside.
There are also peaceful quiet moments where she can spend more time studying His Word 
and encouraging other believers.


When you live on a farm, there is alot of work to be done, 
so she helps the farmer and his wife by watching the kids.
She is like a mother, grandmother, sister, part time homeschool teacher, 
arts and craft teacher, hard worker, missionary,....

Anns crafts

Ann is truly a modern day portrayal of the Proverbs 31 Woman.
 Proverbs 31:13 
"She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."


Ann loves to make beautiful things.
God has truly given her the gift of making something beautiful out of nothing.
During my visit, she taught me to knit this pretty scarf.


Since the weekend I have made more scarves and have also taught my mom.
More than making the scarves, I enjoy the times we spent together learning, talking, and making something beautiful.


The scarf I made during this visit will always be precious to me, 
representing the special memories I have with her.
During my visit, we also talked of God's faithfulness to us as we serve Him.
He always provides for our needs and lovingly leads us in His will.
I am so thankful that God has placed His faithful servants in my life.
They have already gone before me and have valuable life lessons to share with others, like me.

The Bible says we should be learning from the older folks.
 1Pe 5:1 ¶ The elders which are among you I exhort, 
who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, 
and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
 1Pe 5:5 ¶ Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. 
Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: 
for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

Who are you learning from and 
what spiritual life lessons have you passed on to the younger generation?