WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Service in South Africa

The week before Christmas- the children in the village got together to helped the Kilmers pass out flyers inviting the people to the Christmas service at our church in Embo.

Christmas Day service - the church was full.  Over 100 people were in attendance 
on Christmas day!
Along with the church people, were a few visitors. 
Noone came to know Christ as Saviour, but the Gospel seed was planted!

The Monday after Christmas - the Kilmers invited the church people to their home.
Karen and some of the young ladies from church worked to prepare 
a special meal for the church people.
They even recruited Don's help in the kitchen.


 Everyone enjoyed the wonderful meal!

The boys played!

Over 40 people came to the Kilmer's house on the day after Christmas.
During the holidays, many of our church families travel to see their families 
in other parts of South Africa.


I was grateful to the Kilmers for sharing these pictures with me.
It wasn't hard to notice how much some of the children have grown since I saw them last (over 3 years ago).
Although I was glad to see the people, I want to be there even more.
Praise the Lord! My support level is continuing to rise!
Keep praying that I will be able to schedule some more meetings 
to fill my Spring schedule.