WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Great Hunters


 
     If you are a hunting enthusiast, you know what this Monday was.  The big day - Rifle season!   On Sunday afternoon, my dad and brother came over and we scouted out the land behind my house.  It was so much fun tramping through the woods looking for deer trails.  The wooded area where I live is so beautiful.  There is a creek at the bottom of the hill that divides the hillsides.  
      On my side of the creek there is a rock formation that overlooks the creek.  It brought back memories of times when I would take my kids (who served under me in the camp ministry) out to that rock to have an early picnic breakfast (juice boxes and breakfast sandwhiches).  After fellowship and breakfast, we had devotion time.  What sweet and precious memories! 






     So, I was blessed to see my dad 
and brother on both Monday and Tuesday.
Early, before the sun (or I) rose, they arrived
to walk into the woods and wait for sunrise 
(and hopefully the movement of deer).
    They saw other hunting friends, a few deer
farther away, and some noisy squirrels.  They
did not get a deer this time. I don't know about 
them, but, even though they didn't get deer, I 
was thankful to see and talk to them both days 
(something I will not be able to do in South Africa).  
     As you can see, dad also enjoyed a little time 
with his grandson, Buddy!