WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Thursday, December 22, 2011

Why I Love Christmas

I love Christmas because everything around me points to my Saviour.
A wreath shows us God's creation, the branches are from a tree, 
and the beautiful red bow is like the blood of Christ 
shed for us on a tree many years ago.
Heb 9:22 "And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; 
and without shedding of blood is no remission."
1Cor 15:3,4 "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, 
how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
 And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"


This past weekend it snowed.
Snow so white and powdery, like sugar on a cake.
So beautiful, peaceful, and pure.
Like the holiness of God.
Like the way Christ's blood cleanses us from sin.
 Isa 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: 
though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; 
though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."
Ps 51:7 "Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, 
and I shall be whiter than snow."

My front door & Bandit
Beautiful welcome mats and grand entry ways.
As you drive down the road, take a look at how each doorway seems to beg you enter.
The Bible tells us that God stands at the door of our life and knocks.  
He wants to come into your life.
Rev 3:20 "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me."


One of my favorite things about Christmas is the manger scenes.
I love how everyone is looking in awe of the King of Kings!
Luke 2:11,12 "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, 
which is Christ the Lord."
 "And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, 
lying in a manger."

What are some of the things that you love about Christmas?