WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Monday, December 19, 2011

Am I Sticky Enough?

     The other week my friend posted a Christmas craft project on her blog.  She gave instructions for the project and new ideas.  During her posting she asked if anyone had any other ideas for a better adhesive.  She needed something that would stick to anything and hold permanently.
      I sent a suggestion to her of an adhesive that will stick to anything.  This all happened the same week that I found out that my support was growing to 80%.  I was rejoicing over all that the Lord had done for me and at how far I had come.  There are times when you are raising support and it seems like you are getting nowhere/at a stand still.  Then, as usual, the Lord proves His faithfulness.  I sat and took inventory of all I have learned so far on deputation.  The Lord has allowed me to grow so much in my spiritual life.  
     As I looked back I was reminded of those tough times.  Times when it was hard to "stick to it".  I am sure there will be more of those hard times.  I wonder, what makes me "sticky enough" to last this long (in April I will be on deputation for 2 years.)  Two years is a long time to raise support.  Though it is a long time, there are many missionaries who go as long as 3-5 years raising support till they get to the mission field.  I am not sure how much longer it will be till I can leave for South Africa, but what really makes a person "stick" to God's will.  
      It certainly is not me that makes myself "sticky" enough to continue on.  I can only say that it has been the Lord who has been there as my Strength, Guide, Deliverer, and Provider.  I am able to faithfully rely on His leading because of all that He has faithfully done for me in the past.  Because He has brought me through hard times in the past, He has been making me "sticky" enough to continue trusting Him into the future.
      My heart was humbled and yet overwhelmed by God doing a mighty work in me.  I know that there are times in our lives when we want to move on, feel like giving up, or become impatient (if you haven't experienced any of that, then you are not human).  Praise God that He changes us to become more like Him.  I know without a shadow of doubt that He will make me so "sticky" that I will be like that adhesive that I recommended to my friend.  I can be that adhesive that will "stick permanently", but only if I am willing to be made "sticky" by Him.


Here are a few verses that show us how our adhesive can "hold fast", "stand fast", and "be strong"-
Job 27:6 My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live. 

 Heb 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
 Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
 Re 2:25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
1Co 16:13 ¶ Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.
 Eph 6:10 ¶ Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might.