WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Monday, December 26, 2011

Sweet Little Jesus Boy

As the week drew near to Christmas, I had many projects to accomplish.  
One of those things was to paint the nursery for a friend who is having a boy.
As I began this 6 hour task, I put on some Christmas music.
Words about the Little Babe in a manger rang in my ears.
I painted a compass on the wall where the baby's crib will go.
There was plenty of time to pass the time in prayer for my friend 
and her little boy who will be here soon.
(I am secretly praying that he will share my birthday).
As I painted Proverbs 3:6 on the compass and listen to the songs about the wisemen following the star, I thought about God's direction in my life.
Again I prayed for the little boy who will be sleeping here 
and for his family as they teach him to follow the Lord in everything.
The most important part of that verse is the beginning - 
"In all thy ways acknowledge Him..."  
It is only when we acknowledge Him that He will direct us.
As I continued to paint and listen to the music, 
I thought of what it will be like for this couple to have this little boy.
What a joy he will be, but oh, how their lives will be changed.
The lyrics about the "Baby" in Bethlehem rang in my ears again.  
This time, I thought of the Christ-child.  
What a difference His birth has made to the world.

That Sweet Little Jesus Boy has certainly changed my life!
Praise God for sending His only Begotten Son to earth so that He could die for our sins!
 Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, 
The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."



To read more about this painting and to see the finished project click here.