WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My "Constant"


When I was a little girl, 
my mom would often repeat a cute little rhyme to us 
when we saw the moon.
"I see the moon and the moon sees me,
God bless the moon and God bless me".

Even now that cute little rhyme brings a smile to my face.
We know of course that the moon really can't see us because it is made of cheese, right? 
Just kidding!

This past week, while driving home from a meeting, 
and then yesterday, while taking an evening walk -
the Lord used the moon to remind me that He is "constant" in my life.
Webster's 1828 Dictionary says that the term "constant" means 
"fixed; not varied; unchanged; permanent; immutable."

Isn't God all of those things in your life?
I know He is in mine.
He especially seems "fixed and unchanged" in my life when I need Him most.  

As a single person, there are many alone times.
There are also times when it seems like no one really knows what you are going through.
It is during those times when God brightly shines His light on me 
to remind me that He is always there.
The "constant" in my life.

Last night, as I walked by myself in the still of the night, I glanced up at the bright shinning moon.

It seemed so far away.
If our personal relationship with God is lacking, then God will also seem far away.

 James 4:8 "Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. 
Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded".


Sometimes the moon looks like just a little sliver.
You may not even see it, but we know it is there, just like our God!

Other times, the moon is hidden behind the shadows.
What shadows are in your life?
Maybe you can't see God because the shadows are clouding your view.
Give it all over to Him, He cares.

 1Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you."


Here are some verses I found about the moon -
Psalm 8:3 " When I consider thy heavens, 
the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, 
which thou hast ordained;"
-God gave us the moon.

 Psalm 72:7 "In his days shall the righteous flourish; 
and abundance of peace so long as the moon endureth". 
-No wonder I take comfort in the moon, it was given as a sign of peace.

Psalm 89:37 "It shall be established for ever as the moon
and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah."
-That "faithful witness" points me to my Faithful God.

 Psalm 104:19 "He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down."
-Thank you Lord, for the seasons, made possible only by the moon.
(By the way, did you ever stop to think of all of the things 
that God's creation of the moon makes possible? 
For example: the seasons, high tide & low tide, plant growth, animal growth, 
... just to name a few.)

 Psalm 148:3 "Praise ye Him, sun and moon: praise Him, all ye stars of light."
-Even the moon, as God's creation, praises Him.



 Isaiah 60:19 "The sun shall be no more thy light by day; 
neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: 
but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory."
Revelation 21:23 "And the city had no need of the sun, 
neither of the moon, to shine in it:
for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof."
-No need for the moon in heaven.  Christ is the Light!  Lets share that Light with everyone around us.  May we each be reminded that God is "constant" in our lives.

(Pictures taken by me.  I love photography!)