WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Friday, June 28, 2013

DAY #2- Abambo VBS June 26, 2013


This morning, it was cooler than yesterday.
The children were slow to come in,
but we did have a final attendance of 78.

Memorizing Verses-
Kirsten helping Jordan

Peter N. helping Lorenzo
Me & the kids
Pastor Jeff & Wandisa
Sam & a little girl 
Song time - 



Bible Lesson-
Pastor Jeff teaches the Bible Lesson
Our lesson today was about Jesus calming the storm.
Pastor Jeff shows the children what faith is, in the video below.

After the Bible lesson,
6 kids came forward to receive Christ.
It was so exciting!

God's timing was so perfect, because we were low on interpreters that day
and my friend, Londiwe, was there to visit.
Me & Londiwe
We never expected we would need her help.
She had called me to tell me that she had a day off 
and wanted to spend time with me.
I told her about the VBS and asked her to get permission from her pastor to visit.
God had brought her here to be used by Him.

Londiwe & I talking with the 6 kids about salvation.
Londiwe had never expected that we would be leading 6 children to the Lord!
I love how God works things out!

6 kids saved!
We praise the Lord for these 6 kids being saved.
Two of these kids have been coming faithfully to Junior church.
God has been planting and watering the seed and now they have accepted Him.

These two ladies came every day!
Game Time-


Follow Peter D, he's the leader!

Pastor Jeff gave every child a coloring page to bring back.
They colored their papers so nicely!


These children said all of thier memory verses already!

We were so excited to have this many children say all of their Bible verses!
I wonder how many more will finish their's tomorrow?



We finished our day with the continued story of Ringu.
I love teaching the missionary story 
because you can stop at the most exciting part.
A tiger was ready to pounce on Ringu and some hunters.
They could not wait to see what might happen next.

You come back tomorrow too and find out what else the Lord does 
to finish out our first VBS in Abambo.