WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Sunday, June 30, 2013

Portraits of the New Ministry

Pastor Jeff, Robbin & I at Howick Falls,PMG
I am now serving with 
Pastor Jeff & Robbin Demarest.

Some of you have asked if I have moved.
No, our church is in Hillcrest,
which is only a 5 minute drive from my house.
We minister to people in Hillcrest and the surrounding areas.

Village Bible Baptist Church, Hillcrest South Africa.

I love our church!
It is just a taste of what Heaven will be like 
with so many people from all over the world.


Our church is made up of: 
South Africans (Afrikaans, English,...),
Zulu,
people from the UK,
others from Tanzania & Congo,
Americans,....


We have a wonderful group of faithful attenders.
Everyone seems hungry & tender to the Word of God.

My first Sunday Service at VBBC.
As you can see,
I am playing piano for services.
It has been a very humbling experience.
I like to do the very best at everything,
but piano playing is not one of my talents.


On my very first Sunday,
Pastor Jeff asked me to share my testimony with the church people.
That evening, We also viewed my missionary presentation.


It was a great blessing to share with them 
what the Lord has done in my life 
and how He has led me here to work in the ministry.

Vanessa & I with out SS & Junior church kids.
On Sunday mornings,
Vanessa, her husband (Peter) & I tag-team-teach the children.

Peter D. teaching the older SS class
Vanessa teaching the younger SS class
Me teaching Junior Church

Since these photos were taken,
the class has outgrown our room.
We now meet in a larger classroom.


Please pray for us as we teach these children the Word of God.
It is sometimes difficult to know how much they have really understood.

The Zulu children understand alot of English, 
but there is still a bit of a language barrier.
I try to shorten this barrier with my limited knowledge of Zulu.
Hopefully, as time goes by they will understand more 
and I will be able to say more in their language.

There are many more ministries I am a part of in this new work, but for now I will just leave you with a few pictures of our church people.
Me, Basil & Jean, Janine
Kirsten and her mom, Janine
Basil & Jeane (husband & wife) 
Pastor (USA), Peter N.(Tanzanian), Mfana (Zulu), Gabriel (Congo), & Basil (UK)
Les, Pastor Jeff, & Peter N.
Peter & Vanessa D.
Shannon, Michele (Vanessa's sister), Vanessa, Jessica & Juliane (Vanessa & Peter D.'s girls)

Please pray for each of us at Village Bible Baptist
(even those who I didn't get a picture of).
Pray for us as we grow and serve the Lord together.