WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Monday, June 17, 2013

Sending Service in Retrospect (June 10, 2012)

Last year, my church had a special "Sending Service" for me 
a few days before I left for South Africa.

I will never forget that day!
Hearing testimonies from the teen girls and seeing the faces of my dear church family as they sent me off gave me the strength
 to say all of those hard goodbyes.

My parents were proud, but sad to say goodbye.

Tammy Henricks sharing a few encouraging words while presenting the quilt to me.  I will never forget what she said!
The Ladies Quilting Ministry made me a special quilt to remind me 
that my church is praying for me.
That quilt has been on my bed since arriving on the field.

The pastors presented me with gifts:
a Bible CD for my computer (with Zulu on it; which I use everyday in ministry),
a pass to get into a lounge at the first South African airport 
(this was such a thoughtful gift
and gave me time to rest a little before my next flight),
and Pastor presented me with the shadowbox that contains 
my prayer card and prayer letter
(this box hangs in the foyer of our church for everyone to read the latest 
and pray for the needs).

Special cake made for the occassion.
A gift made for me with the South African flag & my life verse.
Now for the dreaded part - saying goodbyes.

The Whaley's ministry provided many of my teaching supplies for the mission field.
Me & Anna
Some of the Frey family
My dad & Aunt Sherry Leiphart
Me & "Grandma" Evelyn
Connie & Me
My dad talking with Steve & Jack, my fellow servants at TH.
Rodney & Me
Cathy & Me
Jonathan & Amy saying their goodbyes.
I was caught with food in my mouth, while saying goodbye to the Kinards.
My dear friend Marcia & WT.
Me & Koreena

My girls!
I miss my girls! So happy that we had many adventures together!
My dad, Great Uncle Amos, & Uncle Jim
Jenny & I
Family - William (brother), Amber (cousin), & Me.
Stephanie & Me
Bridget, Me & Petra- 4&5's Master Club teachers.
Mrs. Daugherty & Me - she taught me in Sunday School when I was a little girl.
My kiddos!

Erin & Me
My dear friend Linda & I (miss you!)

I am so thankful for the church that God has blessed me with.

My parents raised me in this church.
I grew up physically & spiritually here.
My pastor taught me lessons from God's Word here.
I was active in ministry here, led people to the Lord here, and was trained here.

Now they have sent me off to share the Gospel 
with people on the other side of the world.