WELCOME !

Welcome friends, old and new, known and unknown! It has been my desire to share with you how the Lord is working in my life as I serve the Lord on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. There is an old black and white movie called The African Queen. It is about a boat that travels down river. This blog is not about a boat. It is however, about my travels on the mission field of Kabwe, Zambia. By the way, did you know that my name means queen. For many years I have been burdened for souls in Africa. That is why some of my friends call me African Queen.



Monday, June 24, 2013

VBS Prep

If you have served in church ministries for a few years or even many years,
you know the amount or prayer and preparation that goes into 
getting ready for a Vacation Bible School.
This the area where we will be having VBS.
Here in South Africa, the people don't take "vacations", they take "holidays".
So we are actually having "Holiday Bible Club". 
Embo is a huge area.  This part is called Abambo (meaning "together")
Last week we went to some of the Zulu schools in the area where we will be having HBC.
We knew that the children would all be in one place 
since it was thier last week of school before thier Winter Holiday.
School children at assembly.
                         Our goal was to again speak with the school staff, as well as, 
personally extending an invitation for the children to join us.

school room
 The principle gave us 2 rooms to use.  The above picture is one of them.


There was also craft preparation to be done.
Robbin & I did alot of shopping and preparation 
to get the crafts together for the coming week.


Look for Wednesday's post to see what we are making with these!

On Monday morning, a group of us went over to the school to clean and prepare for VBS.
Rooms needed to be emptied.

Chairs needed to be wiped.

Floors needed to be swept.

While sweeping, I saw something move on the wall.
Do you see it?


This is what it was.  A nasty spider like none I have ever see.
He was as big as my hand and blended in with the wall, making him hard to see.
His body was very thin, so he could easily fit into cracks.

When we took him outside to "dispose" of him, 
we noticed that he could also crawl on his back too.
God has made so many interesting creatures, but this is one I hope to never see again.
When I got home, I looked him up.
He is actually in the scorpion family.  Very interesting!

Tea time!
Pastor Jeff organizing the craft tables.
Maureen & I cleaning benches.

Maureen (Lindiwe is her Zulu name), was an extra blessing.
She helps at the school, but since they were on holiday she came by to water the gardens.
She saw we could use some help and stayed the whole time.
Please pray that she would be affected by the Gospel this week.
We have invited her to come every day.

I will try to update with a post each day this week 
to let you know what is going on.
Thanks for praying!